With the success of All of Us Are Dead and the announcement of its season 2, the popularity of the zombie genre in the Netflix streaming platform has reached heights. To step up the zombie content Netflix has partnered with Kakoa Entertainment to produce a new South Korean reality show, Zombieverse. This series is based on a set of a zombie apocalypse where famous actors from South Korea will fight for their survival.
|No official announcement
|Netflix and Kakoa Entertainment
|No official announcement
|Thriller, survival, apocalypse
What is Zombieverse
Seoul, the South Korean metropolis is the set of the reality series, Zombieverse. The survivors are to work together to survive the apocalypse and search for food, shelter, and transport. Every day they will be given a new task that they need to complete in order to gather their supplies to survive till the end. Those who are “bit” by the zombies will have to be left behind.
Get to know the survivors in Zombieverse
The viewers will get to see many famous faces in the reality show. The survivors including idols, actors, baseball players and even doctors will be a part of the show.
- Lee Si Young who starred in the first season of Sweet Home
- Noh Hong Chul is a popular entertainer known for The Hungry and the Hairy and March of the Ants.
- Park Na Rae, is a South Korean DJ and comedian.
- Kim Cheol aka DinDin is a South Korean rapper and TV personality.
- Fukutomi Tsuki is a former member of the Japanese girl group 7+ME LINK and a singer of the girl group Billie.
- Yoo Hee Kwan, a South Korean baseball player from Doosan Bears.
- Youtube personality Jonathan also starred in an episode of the Netflix series Racket Boys.
- Patricia, a Congolese YouTube personality and TV entertainer.
- The final survivor, Hong Seong Woo, is a South Korean urologist, professor, and Youtuber.
Zombieverse: Release date
As of now, there have been no official announcements regarding the release date for this upcoming series but the filming has already wrapped up. Given that fact, Zombieverse is most likely to come out later this year in 2023.
Where to watch Zombieverse
This upcoming zombie reality show will be available to watch on Netflix later this year.
Moon Sang-don of ‘Hey! First Time in Korea?’, and Park Jin-Kyung of ‘My Little Television’ are working together to make this series a huge success. Fans will be excited to know that the make-up team from All of Us Are Dead is working behind the scenes and the extra casts for zombies are being choreographed by the same choreographer from the Kingdom series.
Park Jin-Kyung said, “I collaborated with Netflix for the first time through ‘Zombieverse,’ and the filming has already been completed. It is a TV project that started with a simple question, ‘How would people react if zombies appear in the real world?’ It will be interesting to watch what role the contestants play ― a hero, a villain or a bystander.”
Are you excited about Zombieverse? Did you watch any zombie series before? Let us know in the comments below!