The plan of bringing in the co-op split screen in Halo Infinite was canceled as per the announcement made by 343 Industries. Though some users have found a loophole to play Halo Infinite using the split screen co-op, it works only if they have Xbox X or S series. Players can also add three more players to the game, which makes it playable for 4 people without having any problems related to the cutscenes of the game or enemy spawns.
Steps to enable the split screen co-op in Halo Infinite and play with friends
Follow the given steps to access the split screen co-op in Halo Infinite:
- At first, the players will have to access the campaign menu and then load a saved game from the list.
- Click on the play button and be ready to go to your friend list as soon as possible.
- At the exact moment when it shows “loading map”, join a friend who is idle in the menu from the friend list.
- Leave the fireteam.
- When you’re at the custom lobby, select “offline” under the server.
- Now the players can connect their other controllers and make profiles to enjoy the game together.
- Hit Play and enjoy the co-op mode.
Since it is not officially supported in the game, players may see some problems with the game or Xbox, but at this moment this method seems to work smoothly as butter.
The split screen feature in Halo Infinite was canceled by the developers
This trick which was able to activate the split screen shows that the system already exists in the game itself. It is not known why all of a sudden the developers decided to remove the feature, maybe because of Xbox One’s hardware and less power management. Which would have ended up having problems running the mode smoothly in co-op. Still, the developers could have only released it for PC and Xbox X and S series only.
As all these things said, maybe in the near future 343 Industries will decide to add the split screen co-op campaign again to the game. The developers might be trying to fix the reason behind canceling the mode. Players are eagerly waiting for the developers to include the mode in the game, as most of them want to try out the exciting feature.
What are your thoughts on the split screen co-op mode in Halo Infinite? Comment down below!