Although Slime Rancher 2 does seem like a game intended for relaxation and idle time killing, it can also give a headache at times. And the said headache mostly comes in the form of Tarrs, a nemesis present in the universe of Slime Rancher. They are formed when Largo Slimes consume a Plort they cannot produce themselves and they become little beasts that consume other Slimes and can also destroy a player’s Conservatory if not tended to. Here we will take a look at how to unlock the Hydro Turret in Slime Rancher 2.
Steps to unlock the Hydro Turret in Slime Rancher 2
The Hydro Turret, as its name suggests is a water cannon of sorts that shoots concentrated jets of water that repel and exterminate the Tarrs when they are in the range of the contraption. Now let’s take a look at how to unlock this simple yet necessary device.
To unlock the Turret, players need the following items:- the Fabricator blueprints, 250 Newbucks, 5 Deep Brine, 5 Puddle Plort and 10 Boom Plort. In the following part, we will give you a brief guide as to how to get those materials.
- Fabricator blueprint: The blueprint is exclusively available in a Treasure Pod. The said Pod is located northwest of the Conservatory at the peninsula. For more information, check out our guide on how to locate all the Pods in Rainbow Field.
- 250 Newbucks: Earning Newbucks is one of the easiest tasks a player can undertake in the world of Slime Rancher 2. All they have to do is collect Plorts from the Fields and sell them for a certain price at the Plort marketplace, thus enabling them to earn a few hundred Newbucks at any given time.
- 5 Deep Brine: The Deep Brine is available at the Rainbow Fields near the water fountains. They usually appear beside large water bodies and players also must have an upgraded Resource Harvester.
- 5 Puddle Plort: Puddle Plorts are unavailable in the Rainbow Fields and can only be found in moist places at the Ember valley and the Starlight Strand. The Portals to the mentioned places could be accessed by feeding the Gordos guarding the entrances and popping them. The Cotton Gordo is found south of the Rainbow Fields while the Pink Gordo is found in the northwest.
- 10 Bloom Plort: Boom Slimes and Boom Plorts are yet another resource that is found only in the Ember Valley. They often explode, therefore one should be careful while approaching them in close quarters.
Once you have collected all the above-mentioned items, all you have to do is go back to the Laboratory and craft the Hydro Turret at the underground Fabricator.
This is all for our short guide explaining how to attain a Hydro Turret, a must-have defense measure against the malicious Tarrs which could be quite a headache to save all your Slimes. Although it might take you some time to complete all the steps, the product in the end is well worth the patience and time.
Did you find this guide to unlock Hydro Turret in Slime Rancher 2 helpful? Let us know in the comments below!